The VMP has three directions of casting blocks manufacture and one direction of the hot-forming method for blocks manufacture:
Investment casting (IC); ferrous and nonferrous casting into the sand-clay and self-hardening forms; nonferrous casting into the metal moulds and pressure casting (PC); stamping and forging of blocks made from nonferrous, alloy and high-alloy metals.
Investment casting (IC)
There is an ability of vacuum melting and casting of the details’ mouldings with high surface cleanliness requirements, material density and hermecity requirements based on the alloy melting technology and poured ceramic mould in the vacuum furnaces with specific quantity of metal 100 and 240 kg.
Open-type induction furnaces with specific quantity of metal from 160 up to 1000 kg allow to manufacture casting blocks of details from carbon steel, alloy steel, high-alloy iron, weighing up to 500 kg. At the same time overall dimensions of blocks are confined by sizes of calcining and supporting equipment and are up to 700 mm.
Ferrous and nonferrous casting into the sand-clay and self-hardening forms
In the workshop of ferrous and nonferrous castings the following technologies are used:
1. Casting in sand-clay forms (SCF) and forms on the basis of sodium silicate mixtures with requirements regarding castings accuracy class 9-12 in accordance with GOST R 53 464-2009
Maximum overall sizes of castings are 1300x800x300 mm:
- steel castings (carbon and alloy steels) weighing from 25 up to 600 kg;
- iron castings (grey and alloy irons) weighing from 0,5 up to 800 kg;
- magnesium castings, sizes 400x200x200 and weighing up to 10 kg.
2. Casting into the moulds on the basis of cold-hardening mixtures with requirements regarding castings accuracy class 9-12 in accordance with GOST R 53 464-2009
Maximum overall dimensions of castings are up to 1000x650x600 mm:
- steel castings from carbon steels, low-alloy steels, weighing from 20 up to 250 kg using melting furnace ДСП-1,5; ИСТ-0,16; ИСТ-0,4;
- castings from grey iron, weighing from 5 up to 300 kg using melting furnace ИСТ-0,4 and ДСП-1,5.
Nonferrous casting into the metal moulds (nonpressure die casting) and pressure casting (PC)
1. Aluminum nonpressure die casting. Maximum overall sizes of castings are 400x250x250 mm and weighing from 0,1 up to 25 kg;
2. Magnesium nonpressure die casting. Maximum overall sizes of castings are 300x200x100 mm and weighing from 0,05 up to 15 kg;
3. Copper alloy casting into nonpressure die casting, overall sizes up to 300 mm;
4. Aluminum and magnesium castings, overall sizes up to 150 mm.
In accordance with requirements of design documentation quality control of castings and moulded details is realized by the following methods: Ц-1 dye-penetrant method, magnetic inspection, fluorescent-penetrant inspection, ultrasonic inspection, and radiographic inspection.
Stamping and forging of blocks from nonferrous, alloy and high-alloy metals.
Press-shop has modern equipment and manufactures high-class production in accordance with current standard and normative technical documentation. Stamping and forging of the blanks for tees, crosses, angles; round flanges and gears up to 300 mm and weighing up to 50 kg are delivered in heat-treated or not heat-treated condition.